Estate and Gift Planning
- Making a gift in your will
- Gifts of Assets
- IRA Rollover
- Beneficiary Designations
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Bank Accounts
Remembering The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence in your will is one simple way that you can leave a lasting legacy to ensure that our Communities continue to grow and flourish well into the future.
- Your gift costs nothing now. The amount you designate will be paid out of your estate following your death.
- Your gift can be modified at any time if you change your mind, or if your life circumstances change.
- Your bequest may save on taxes, or reduce the tax burden on your estate for your heirs.
- You will be remembered in the prayers and Masses offered for all our benefactors and members of the. St. Luigi Guanella Legacy Society.
How to do it:
- You designate a particular asset or percentage of your estate to The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence by working through your attorney, or if you have used an available form or online resource to create your will, outlining the specific provisions you wish to make and then having your will notarized once again.
- The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence receive the gift after your lifetime and apply it as you have directed, i.e., either to a specific program or purpose, or to our general fund or endowment.
- Be certain to name The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence as a successor beneficiary rather than asking your family to donate a percentage or specific amount from your estate. As a nonprofit organization, your bequest made directly to our Communities will be exempt from any estate taxes.
Please contact our office if you need language to include in your will. The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence are two separate legal corporations. Please use the Tax ID number that is appropriate to the corporation you wish to remember:
- The Tax ID number for Don Guanella Village: 23-1596874
- The Tax ID number for Divine Providence Village: 23-2313873
You may choose to name the Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence as the beneficiary of a variety of assets, including insurance policies, retirement funds (IRAs, 401(k)s, 403(b)s, commercial annuities, pension or profit-sharing plans) and financial accounts (bank accounts, CDs, savings bonds, brokerage accounts, stock portfolios). Because many of these assets may be subject to income and estate taxes, leaving them to the Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence can be a simple and tax- efficient way to support our mission.
If you wish to leave a gift of real estate to the Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence, please contact us for any restrictions that we may have in receiving your gift.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY DESIGNATED THE COMMUNITIES OF DON GUANELLA AND DIVINE PROVIDENCE IN YOUR WILL, PLEASE LET US KNOW. WE WANT TO BE CERTAIN WE HAVE YOU ENROLLED IN THE SAINT LUIGI GUANELLA LEGACY SOCIETY.