There are a variety of assets that can be given as a gift to The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence. These include: appreciated stock, bonds, or mutual funds, and real estate.
- A gift of appreciated assets is a much wiser gift than gifts of cash. There may be a substantial tax savings to you, and your may also have the opportunity to make a larger gift to The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence.
- If you have an appreciated asset, you or your heirs may be responsible for paying capital gains taxes when the asset is sold. If the asset is transferred to The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence, you:
- receive an immediate income tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock on the day of transfer, and
- avoid having to pay any capital gains tax on the appreciation.
- You will be enrolled in the St. Luigi Guanella Legacy Society and remembered in the prayers and Masses offered for all our benefactors.
How to do it:
- In the case of stock, bonds, or mutual funds, contact your financial adviser and let them know your wishes.
- Do not sell the asset yourself and then donate the cash. If you do, you will be responsible for capital gains tax. The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence will receive your securities directly from your broker and sell them on the date of the transfer.
- If you wish to donate real estate or other personal property of value, please contact us first so we can be certain your gift falls within the guidelines of our Gift Acceptance Policy.
To make your gift, you will need to provide the following information to your financial adviser. Be certain to notify us of your transaction immediately so we can be certain your gift is credited to The Communities of Don Guanella and Divine Providence:
- Account Name: Archdiocese of Philadelphia
- Account Number: 1176-3039
- DTC Number: 0141
- Clearing Broker: McCloskey Financial Group (Wells Fargo)
Our Tax ID numbers (EIN) are:
- Don Guanella Village: 23-1596874
- Divine Providence Village: 23-2313873